A quick Five Things for today because I haven't done one yet this month. Plus I'm all caught up on the blog, which I'm loving!
1. After over eighteen years I came to the profound realization this week that my initials, DC, are also the same for "Dark Chocolate," one of my favorite treats. 😂
2. The Bernie Sanders meme from Inauguration Day is pretty funny and I like how it's completely non-partisan and works wherever you stand politically. This Poldark one was one of my favorites. 😆
3. This week I wrote an article for my town's magazine that gets mailed to every household in town. I'd been kicking around an idea for an article in my mind for awhile so a few weeks ago I emailed the editor and she gave it the go-ahead. It wasn't anything deep (it's not like it's a deep kind of magazine); it was about the two window treatment projects that I had done in the house this past year. It was nice to dust off the old writing skills, although writing my blog posts for years has been good at keeping my writing skills pretty sharp (...right? RIGHT?! 😄). The article will be in the March issue, and then I'll be famous. 😁
4. I've been trying to update the sidebar pictures on my blog for the last couple of weeks but Blogger hasn't been cooperating with my efforts. It let me upload two and won't let me do the others, and there's no reason that I can see for it. So the boys' pictures remain five years younger than they actually are because I can't replace them with updated ones. Yet I was able to do a picture of me and Boo Boo and one of just me. The mysteries and vagaries of Blogger are never-ending. I'll try again in a few months. I won't give up! 💪
5. I had a dental appointment last week, and while she was working on me, the hygienist asked if I'd had my lips done. I was like, "What?" because I wasn't sure what she meant, and she asked if I'd had fillers put in my lips. I've never done that and I don't think I ever would. As you might know from my vaccine posts, I'm not really on board with injecting things into my body! Anyway, she said I had really nice lips, that they had a good shape and were nice and full. It was a lovely unexpected compliment that made my day. I'm trying not to let it go to my head too much. 😃
Speaking of lips, I started using a new lip balm a few days ago that I really like. It's Bath & Body Works Rose Balm. You should use it if you too want to have nice lips like me. 😜