1. John's tenth birthday! It will be our first time having a child in the double-digits! It's fun and exciting to watch him grow up and see the kind of person he's developing into.
2. Our Spring Break vacation! We're going on a cruise in the Eastern Caribbean. It will be our second time aboard the Disney Fantasy, a beautiful, elegant ship that we enjoyed so much the first time around that we decided there had to be a second time around. We love to travel, we love to cruise, and we've all very much been looking forward to this vacation. It's been like the light at the end of the tunnel for getting through this long, cold winter.
3. Two good movies coming out: Cinderella and Insurgent.
Cinderella has always been a classic favorite of mine. The actress playing the title role is Lily James, who plays one of my favorite characters on Downton Abbey, Lady Rose. I think she'll make a great Cinderella. I'm hoping that the cruise ship will be playing this movie since it was made by Disney, and they play their newer releases on their ships, but it might be too new. One way or the other, I'll see this in the theater!
And in a decidedly different vein, and a decidedly different female role, Insurgent. I really enjoyed the Divergent series of books by Veronica Roth, so I'm looking forward to seeing the second movie in the franchise.
Two movies, one tough and one tender. Can't wait!
4. John's first competition on the boys' team for Synergy Gymnastics. It should be fun, and a totally new experience for him and for our family.
5. Finally, and perhaps most obviously, one of the biggest things I'm looking forward to in March is the arrival of the warmer temperatures of spring! I can't wait to spend time outside again!