These are a few of my long-time Kinkade favorites:
|We have this one hanging up in our family room. It's called "Stairway to Paradise."|
2. Now for some good news: we paid off our Toyota Highlander! Peter got it for me four summers ago as a (very big!) surprise for my birthday. I still love it, even more so now that we fully own it. Now we just have to pay off his Toyota Camry. As you can see, we like Toyotas.
If you want to see the post I wrote about my new Highlander in September 2008 along with pictures I took of it, click here.
3. I've been thinking for the past few months about jeans, specifically skinny jeans. I don't like trends too much, and I thought the skinny jean thing was a trend, but it seems that they're here to stay. I'm a long-time fan of bootcut jeans, but I was starting to feel unstylish when I wore them because it seemed like everyone had moved on to skinny jeans. So recently I went to Old Navy and got a few pairs of skinny jeans. And to my surprise, I really like them. They're tailored, not tight, and they're comfortable and flattering. I think they're cute and so I feel cute when I wear them. I'm not getting rid of my bootcuts though, because I still think they're classic.
I tried on a pair of jeggings too. Horrors! They were one of the worst things I've ever tried on and I took them off almost immediately. They were just awful. I will see them again in my nightmares.
4. Have you heard of Lauren Bush, niece of President George W. Bush and granddaughter of President George Bush? She's a model, and last fall she married one of fashion designer Ralph Lauren's sons. I didn't realize it when I first heard about it, but I saw her name somewhere this week and now I realize it: her married name is Lauren Lauren! For some reason that cracks me up. She goes by Lauren Bush-Lauren, which I think is smart. :-)
5. I'm done with my lipstick testing for Parents magazine, so now I can tell you which ones were my favorites. They were:
- Clinique Almost Lipstick in Luscious Honey (I'm a long-time fan of Clinique--their products are so high-quality, and this lipstick was no exception.)
- Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Cream in Mudslide (Despite the name of the shade, it's a very pretty neutral. And it left a really cool long-lasting minty feeling on my lips too.)
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Creamsicle (Super-moisturizing and pretty.)
I'm looking forward to seeing what Parents sends next. It's fun testing this stuff out (even if I did get a lip rash from it!). And it's nice that I don't have to buy lipstick again for awhile!
We're headed to Kansas City, Missouri for the weekend to go to a temple open house. Do you have any fun plans? Whatever they are, have a great weekend!