I guess they can't really be called New Year's Resolutions anymore because it's almost mid-February. But ever since the new year began I've been thinking about how I want to improve this year. The resolutions that I decided on are the issues that consistently showed up the most in my little self-evaluations. Hopefully by the end of the year I will have improved a lot in these areas. If not, well, I'm not so bad as I presently am, right? (Right?? Ha ha.) So here's what I'm going to work on this year...
1) Exercise regularly. I'm craving the rewards and benefits of really good physical fitness.
2) Eat healthier (more fruits and vegetables, less junk and processed foods and meat); make better meals for myself and my family; become more skilled and creative in the kitchen.
3) Become better about meaningful daily scripture study.
4) Be more social. I'm too much of a homebody who likes to stick to schedules and routines. I need to learn to relax and be more flexible and generous with my time and attention.
5) In balance with Resolution 4, complete the ongoing quest for my personal Holy Grail: get to the bottom of my to-do list so that I can live the life I really want!