1. I wasn't going to do a Five Things post today because my plan was to do an updated post about the Cape house for "advertising" purposes for friends and family who might be interested in staying there. I've been meaning to put that post together for a few months but I've been dragging my feet about it. Why, you may ask? On the one hand, I want people who I know to use our house and enjoy the Cape and get a good deal, and it's also great for us to make some money from renting it out. But on the other hand, I like to keep it private and have it be our vacation home and not a rental property, so I don't exactly enjoy putting it out there on Facebook and the like. But renting it does help pay its bills and I'm happy to share the house with friends and family (most of the time 😄). So my new goal is to have the updated post about the house done next week. We'll see if procrastination once again gets the better of me, but I feel more resolved this time, at the very least because then I can finally get it crossed off my to-do list, and maybe get some more renters to fill in the still-available weeks this summer and beyond.
2. When I was checking the pool filter baskets a few days ago a dead frog floated to the top of one of them and its eyes had rolled back in its head so it had blank white eyeballs. I was pretty horrified and the image has haunted me all week. Plus I feel bad for the poor thing; how horrible it must be to get trapped and drown like that. Thankfully John was with me and that intrepid young man plucked it out with his bare hands and tossed it into the woods without thinking twice about it. I'm serious when I say I only could have done that if my life or my kids' lives depended on it. I did buy a Frog Log to help the little creatures get out of the pool but I haven't set it up yet. I'll add it to my to-do list (and won't procrastinate on it!).
3. The Downton Abbey movie trailer was released this week and it looks good! Except for a certain storyline involving a certain gay butler (Thomas!!)--there is a kissing scene with him in the trailer that makes me uncomfortable (and no, that doesn't make me a homophobe!). Barring anything more than that, I plan on seeing the movie when it comes out in September. There will always be a special place in my heart for Downton Abbey. 💖
Edith is one of my favorite characters. How lucky she finally turned out to be to make a good love match with a marquess!
The aforementioned Thomas!
I still wish Matthew hadn't died. He and Mary were a great couple. Her new husband is okay but I liked Matthew better.
I'm not sure who this is, but he cleans up nicely (literally!).
4. My friend posted this on Facebook a few weeks ago and it literally makes me LOL because it's true!
The dino lady's expression nails it! 😂
5. In a follow-up to last Friday's mention of yard problems: the pool is looking a lot better this week but isn't ready to swim in yet (which is fine because it's not that warm out yet) and the water is still very cold because I haven't turned the heater on; the fire pit set is assembled and ready to use (maybe we'll makes s'mores this weekend!); and the new storm door for the front door was installed. I still have to call the tree company, and now I have to call a plumber for two water problems in the master bath, one with the shower and one with the jacuzzi tub. The "fun" really does never end!
Happy Memorial Day weekend!