Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Disney Cruise Day 7: Castaway Cay

Friday, March 17th was the last full day of the cruise, which is always a bittersweet day.
What better way to spend St. Patrick's Day than on Disney's private island in the Bahamas?

John celebrated his Irish heritage by eating green pancakes for breakfast.
Another "healthy" breakfast for John, as you can see!

This was our third time on Castaway Cay. It was the coolest it's ever been there for us--in the mid-70s, which I think is a little cool for the beach, but it was still fun.

We got to feed and pet stingrays, which we'd never done before. It was fun! They feel surprisingly soft.
Sorry, no pictures. But trust me, it happened!

The boys were excited to go on this play area in the water. Last time we were here, they didn't get to go on it because it was closed due to the tide being too low.

There goes John! The future Ninja Warrior was on the move. 

Made it to the end!


I love how the colorful beach umbrellas contrast with the colors of the sky, the water, and the green vegetation of the island. 

The only time I ever ride a bike anymore is when I do it on Castaway Cay. Peter and the boys wanted to stay at the beach so I took a ride on the island's bike path by myself. These are some of the pictures I took during my solitary adventure.

My hair was a mess, my scalp was sunburnt (a souvenir from our day in St. Thomas), my sunglasses were a little too big, and I was all by myself, but I was happy!

Since it wasn't all that warm out, Sam and I headed back to the ship a little early while Peter and John went jet-skiing. It felt like we had the ship to ourselves!

No one at the elevators! It was a miracle!

We watched from our balcony while two of the lifeboats did some kind of a safety drill.

The menu on the last night of the cruise is their "See Ya Real Soon!" menu which makes me feel a bit weepy.

I got Baked Alaska for dessert. It was delicious!

I wish!

The last night is my least favorite night of a cruise. Vacation's about to come to an end, and you have to have your biggest suitcases all packed and out in the hall by a certain time so that they can be transported off the ship early the next morning. But I got the packing done right after dinner while Peter and the boys went to a magic show and the pool deck (I didn't mind; it's a lot easier to get packed up and organized when no one else is around). Then the evening redeemed itself when I relaxed for an hour up in the Rainforest Room. That was a nice way to end the last night of this very nice Disney cruise!