1. It's been a weird, busy week. For some reason I've been really tired, disorganized, unfocused, forgetful, and clumsy. A number of little things haven't gone right, day after day. It's disconcerting and I've felt very out of sorts this week. Adding to this is the fact that one of our dogs is seriously ill and I'm very worried about him. And of less significance but still bothersome is that I feel behind because we don't have a Christmas tree yet since we weren't home last weekend to get one. I don't like not having a tree up yet. It feels like there's a big void in the house. I have managed to get the house mostly decorated but not before our living room looked like this almost all week:
I really do think that sometimes we just have tough weeks or months and that's the way it is. Maybe it's cosmically appointed (I'm not totally skeptical about astrology, much to Peter's dismay), maybe not. But once I just accepted that this wasn't going to be an easy week, I've been able to deal with it better.
2. Another downer about this week is that I had the post-vacation blues. This almost always happens to me the week after we get back from vacation. Every day I think about what we were doing on that day the week before. I've been surprised by how much I've missed Universal Studios, where we spent three days. I miss the rides, the food, the fun, and the Harry Potter butterbeer. Today I'm missing SeaWorld, which is where we were at this time last Friday. I miss our California king hotel bed and the huge jacuzzi tub that the boys had a blast bathing in. I miss not having to do housework. I guess this is something that I just need to expect and accept, that vacation withdrawal is going to happen but it only lasts a few days and it's the sign of a good vacation that's worth being nostalgic about. #firstworldproblems
3. I really miss having a formal dining room. #firstworldproblems
4. I've been CRAVING dark chocolate sea salt caramels this week. I ordered a box from Crate & Barrel on Monday and I can't wait for them to get here. They're on clearance for only $18 right now and quantities are limited so click on the link and buy a box! They are soooo good! Am I sounding like a (badly written) commercial? Sorry. I will be ripping into that box with happy abandon when they arrive, which I hope will be today, or tomorrow at the latest. After the week I've had they aren't going to last long.
5. I've taken to wearing my loungey house pants out in public, tucked nice and snug into my comfy old, black Uggs. I don't know what's more troublesome, the fact that I'm doing that or the fact that I don't care that much that I'm doing that. I swap my house pants for nicer-looking jeans or cords for things like doctor's appointments or when I'm getting together with other people, but other than that, my collection of black and gray house pants is seeing the light of the world outside of my house more and more. They're just so comfortable, and it's just so cold outside. I love my house pants!
Tomorrow we're going to get our Christmas tree (hallelujah!), and I'm hoping to get caught up with things and get back on track. Peter and I are planning to go see the new Hunger Games movie, Mockingjay. I'm glad this week is almost over!