1. This is my first time posting in March, and the month is nearly over! For many reasons, it turned out to be a really busy month. There was one week in which the kids or I had appointments of some sort every single day. Then Spring Break was last week, and now there are only a few days left until April. March has sped by, which I'm glad about--the sooner spring really and truly arrives, the better!
2. Spring. It hasn't really sprung yet. There was a day earlier this week when it was so cold out that I could barely stand to be outside (it was in the 20s but it was windy and felt much colder. I should be used to that by now, but it's the end of March, for crying out loud!).
This winter has defeated me in the fashion department. I've started wearing my black yoga pants and fleecy warm "house pants" out in public (usually for shopping and errands), something I wouldn't have usually done in the past. I just don't care anymore! I want to be warm and comfortable. The plus side to this, aside from being warm and comfortable, is that according to a recent article in The Wall Street Journal, a study from Harvard found that people who wear sweatpants out in public can be perceived as being wealthier and more respectable. (You can read the article here if you want.) That makes me feel a bit less defeated, I suppose. Of course, this is the Midwest and I live in a college town where almost everyone seems to dress casually most of the time, so maybe it's not as big of a deal to wear my "house pants" out in public as I think.
Anyway, with all that said, it's supposed to get into the 60s this Sunday!
3. I like having a different candle to burn each month. This month it's been Yankee Candle's "Whiskers on Kittens." It's from their now discontinued Sound of Music line. It has a nice sweet scent that I really like.
There are so many good Yankee Candle scents that it doesn't really matter that much when they discontinue one because there are so many others to choose from!
4. I saw these cool jelly sandals online and immediately liked them. I have such fond memories of wearing jellies as a girl. I would totally wear these this summer and only feel mildly self-conscious about it.
But then I saw the price. $193 for plastic shoes?! Granted, they have a leather bed, but still, that is way overpriced. So they will not be finding their way into my closet and onto my feet after all. (Perhaps that's a good thing!)
5. Tomorrow I'm going to get a massage and then I'm going to take myself to the movies to see Divergent. I read the trilogy by Veronica Roth last year and I really enjoyed it. I found it to be very thought-provoking and surprisingly deep. I was catching up on my Wall Street Journal reading yesterday and their review of the movie was not good, but it was the #1 movie last weekend and fans of the book seem to really like it. So I'm excited to see it myself. I say it all the time, but I love reading a book and then seeing the movie of that book.
Also tomorrow is the first-ever "General Women's Meeting" of the Church. They're saying that it may be the largest gathering of LDS women ever. I'm honestly not a big fan of this change in the meetings for women and young women, but I trust that the Church leadership knows what it's doing. It will be interesting to watch.
Have a great weekend!