(How to play this game of tag: Post these rules on your blog. List the topics below with your answers. Tag five people at the end of your post by leaving their names. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.)
1) Observing the beauties of nature.
2) Reading good books.
3) Raising my son.
1) I'm afraid that Peter, John, or I will die early. I think about one of us having cancer or something else that's a ticking time bomb in our bodies that we don't yet know about. It just about kills me (no pun intended) if I think about it too much. I'm so afraid of losing one of them, and of dying young myself.
2) I fear a home invasion. Two of them have happened in the state since last summer. Especially when Peter is away traveling, I get scared that someone will break in and do really bad things to us. So I'm meticulous about making sure all of the doors and windows are locked tight every night.
3) I'm afraid of a bear coming after me or John in our yard. I know it's unlikely to happen, but the bears do come out and what if?
1) Have another baby. Any day now would be nice! Maybe I'm just destined to have one child.
2) Get to the bottom of my To-Do list so that I can live a well-organized, happy, full life and do everything that I want to do in it.
3) Plant a vegetable garden this spring and have it be a success this summer.
Three Current Obsessions/Collections
1) Skirts and dresses. I love them and I'm addicted to them. I don't need any more but I can't stop shopping for them. I need help!
2) I am currently obsessed with SUVs and crossover vehicles. I am determined to get a new car by this fall. I've had my current one, my 2001 Toyota Camry, for almost five years. It's been a great car, but it's time to move on. For months I've been car-watching while I drive, and my heart has settled on getting a silver Lexus SUV/crossover vehicle with three rows, possibly two if it's roomy enough inside. Somehow I've gotta convince Peter that I must get this car. Every time I see a Lexus RX-300 I want it!! It is such a great-looking vehicle, inside and out. (See, I'm not shallow, I look on the inside too. Ha ha.)
3) Photo albums with memo spaces, and good stickers to put in them. After years of trying, I gave up scrapbooking. I've never been all that good at it and it takes too much time so it's hard to keep up with. I still do scrapbooks for mementos, but I keep them simple. For our photos, I get lots of nice photo albums with memo strips and I do photo journaling. Then I jazz them up with appropriate and tasteful stickers. I find it to be much more enjoyable, easy to keep up with, and I love the way it looks when it's done. So I'm always on the lookout for great photo albums and stickers now. You don't even want to know how much I spent on stickers alone at Michael's last month. There are some really nice stickers out there!
Three Random/Surprising Facts about ME
1) I'm a stickler for proper spelling, writing, punctuation, and grammar. Whenever I see these types of errors anywhere, I have the very strong urge to fix them. Sometimes I actually do fix errors when I find them. It makes me feel like I'm making the world a better place, taking down typos one by one. I've been like this for as long as I can remember!
2) I gave up a career in publishing to become a mother. I was thisclose to getting my dream job at a big publishing house (Penguin Putnam) in downtown Manhattan in the summer of 2004. I had the right contact (my NYU instructor was a V.P. at Penguin, and she liked me and was helping me) and the interviews for the position went well. Then I found out I was pregnant. Bye-bye, awesome job in the city, hello motherhood! Why couldn't that job have come around a year or two earlier? Oh well, I don't regret my choice to become a mother when I did in the least, and I feel that all things happen when they do for a reason.
3) I color code my closet and organize by sleeve length. (This is directly copied from Jessie's; no need to change it. I'm glad I'm not the only person who does this!)
I TAG: Katie, and um, I don't have enough friends who blog left to tag who haven't been tagged yet. How sad!