1. I had to pick John up early from school yesterday because he had a fever, and he was home sick yesterday and again today. I'm pretty sure it's not the flu, but just another bug he picked up. This is the second time in less than a month that he's been sick. The rest of us have been healthy and I hope and pray that it stays that way. I'm determined not to get the flu, which is sweeping the nation badly this year. We don't get flu vaccines anymore. I'm one of "those people" who are wary of vaccines and we only get the ones that are absolutely necessary. May the force be with us!
2. After over a year of owning my current SUV, I figured out last month that it has a heated steering wheel. 🙌 I've been enjoying it just about every time I drive since then. Because, winter.
3. I don't have Facebook on my phone or iPad anymore. I'm always amazed by how much less I go on Facebook when I can only use the computer to go on it. I don't know why it amazes me so much; it makes sense and I've done this several times in my life before. Also, Donna, is it really that amazing? Come on. But I do notice that I feel more balanced and organized and focused without it always being nearby. I'm only going to have it on my phone when we travel from now on, and during our summers on the Cape because I don't have a computer there. I've said that all before but this time I really mean it!
4. I'm still in denial that we're probably moving this summer. See that, I can't even say that we're moving without adding a "probably" to it. Part of me really hopes that something will happen so that we don't have to leave our cozy home in the wonderful Midwest and our comfortable, familiar life and routines here. But then the other part of me would be sad and disappointed that we wouldn't be moving to Massachusetts after all. It's a confusing and stressful time for me, it really is. I just take it day by day, and live like nothing is changing. Hence, my denial and lack of full acceptance that things are likely going to be changing. I do know that when--IF--it comes time to sell our house that I won't be a motivated seller and our real estate agent probably won't like me very much. This is our house, after all, and no one else's! Ugh. If we do move I'm never moving again.
5. I found out about this movie The Nutcracker and the Four Realms last week. It doesn't come out until November and I can't wait! I'm a long-time fan of The Nutcracker, and Disney is doing the movie so you know it's going to be good. Check out the trailer, it might just blow you away like it did me! Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy is my favorite song from the ballet and that's what the song in the trailer is.