1) I kicked my To-Do Lists's butt and got a lot of things done in January. It feels good to be productive!
2) I started taking an ice-skating class, something I've been wanting to do for years! I really enjoy it.
3) I hired a housecleaning company to come and clean once a month. No more monthly deep-cleaning of four different bathrooms on three different floors for me! No more streaking the Pergo floors with my apparently inadequate mopping skills! (P.S. I am not a big fan of Pergo!) The days I had to do those things were always among my least favorite days of the month, and now they're a thing of the past!
4) I finished a book that took me over a year to read. But it was so worth it for the things I learned about nutrition and health! I now consider myself a "flexitarian" and it feels great to be eating healthier than I probably ever have.
5) Downton Abbey. I love it!
6) An overall mild, unseasonably warm January. I even took my kids to play at the playground one day, in January, in Iowa. This winter has been the best!
7) I finally let go of my fears and got a babysitter for my kids! And they were great!
8) I bought a new dress and new high heels and went to my husband's fancy corporate holiday dinner, complete with dueling pianos as the evening's entertainment. (Hence the need for a babysitter). It was fun!
9) I enjoyed my children, especially my 2-year-old, who is at one of my favorite child stages. Sometimes I wish I could freeze him and keep him that age for the next ten years!
10) Hot cocoa topped with marshmallows and whipped cream (despite what I said in #4!). January is a great month for that!
Thanks Emmy for the great idea! I plan on doing this every month as a way to focus on the good things in life, big and small.