My friend Katie e-mailed this to me today. I'm posting my responses here for fun...
1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:10 a.m.
2. Diamonds or pearls? Both, but not together.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Dark Knight
4. What is your favorite TV show? My favorite classics are The Cosby Show, Dr. Quinn, and Murder, She Wrote (don't laugh!). My favorite current ones are probably Ghost Hunters and The O'Reilly Factor.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Cereal
6. What is your middle name? Josaleen
7. What food do you dislike? Veal, lamb, duck, and other weird meats like that
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? They Might Be Giants "Here Come the 123's." It's John's CD, but those songs are really catchy and fun! I love it!
9. What kind of car do you drive? A Toyota...Highlander! Brand-new, 2008, silver. I just got it 10 days ago. I'm in love with it.
10. Favorite sandwich? Turkey sub with provolone cheese and tomato and lettuce and mayo with a little bit of oil
11. What characteristic do you despise? Intentional rudeness
12. Favorite item of clothing? My skirt collection
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Italy or Hawaii. If I had to choose one, Hawaii. I love tropical islands.
14. Where would you retire? Massachusetts, because I love it more than any tropical island. I'd spend most of the winters on an island or someplace warm in the U.S., though. The older I get, the less I like winter, so at that rate by the time I'm at retirement age I'll probably totally despise winter.
15. What was your most recent memorable birthday? My 28th (it was less than two weeks ago) because Peter totally surprised me by buying me a new car the day after my birthday. I'm a hard person to surprise, and Peter is usually unsuccessful at hiding things effectively, so the fact that I was so surprised made it very memorable. That, and the new car itself.
16. Furthest place you are sending this? It's on the world-wide web, so anywhere!
17. Person you expect to send it back first? Umm, doesn't apply. If I were e-mailing it, Amy or Alyson.
18. When is your birthday? July 31st
19. Morning person or night person? Both. I prefer being an early riser though. I feel like I do so much more with my day that way (as long as I wasn't a night owl the night before).
20. What is your shoe size? 8
21. Pets? My dog Christy and my two cats, Brody and Bentwood
22. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? My new car! (Did I mention that yet?). My younger sister shared some exciting news last week, but I'm not allowed to talk yet. I've probably already said too much!
23. What did you want to be when you were little? A ballerina
24. How are you today? Good, calm, peaceful, happy
25. What is your favorite flower? Roses, especially pale pink roses
26. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? This Friday, August 15th. I'm going back to New York City for the first time in years for a good friend's wedding. I've missed that city, and that friend, a lot.
27. What are you listening to right now? The Red Sox game. The Sox are killing the Texas Rangers, 10-2 in the 2nd inning. Yes!!
28. Do you wish on stars? Yes, I've done that for years when walking my dog at night. It's a natural thing to do when you look up and try to find the constellations.
29. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Forest green
30. How is the weather right now? Beautiful and mild
31. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Petechuck. "When are you coming home?"
32. Favorite soft drink? Sprite
33. Favorite restaurant? Chain: The Cheesecake Factory. Independent: The Wayside Inn in Sudbury, Mass.
34. Hair color? Blond. I'm a natural blonde, though it's now a dark blond and is no longer the white blond of my youth, unless I get it highlighted, which I've been doing more often.
35. What was your favorite toy as a child? My dolls and Barbies. I was such a girly girl.
36. Summer or winter? Most definitely summer
37. Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla cake, french vanilla ice cream, dark chocolate everything else
38. Coffee or tea? Herbal tea and hot chocolate
39. Do you want your friends to email you back? I just hope my friends are reading this
40. When was the last time you cried? Ummm...Sunday, August 3rd, while vacationing at Cape Cod. It was my mother's fault!
41. What is under your bed? A massaging bedrest from Brookstone that Peter got me for Christmas last year.
42. What did you do last night? Baked brownies (I was craving brownie batter), worked on my blog, watched the Olympics, got caught up on reading the local newspaper (The Hartford Courant).
43. What are you afraid of? John or Peter dying. Getting cancer. Having someone break into our house and attack us. Getting into a serious car accident.
44. Salty or sweet? Sweet
45. How many keys on your key ring? Two or three
46. How many years at your current job? Mother: three. Freelance copyeditor: About two.
47. Favorite day of the week? I like the quiet orderliness of the mid-week days.
48. Do you make friends easily? Yes, but not close friends as easily.
49. How many people will you send this to? It's on my blog, so hello world!
50. How many will respond? Maybe one or two kind souls will leave a comment.
51. Do you like finding out all this stuff about your friends? Yes. For some reason I find it interesting to know these little details about people.